Come To Our 2019 AGM!
~ Tuesday March 5th ~
Ballenas Secondary Library
6-7pm registration information
Hope To See You There!
Elwood Wylie Meet
Summer Games Trials
~ May 25th -26th ~
Location: Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Contact name: Bernie Katzberg
Contact email: email@example.com
The Elwood Wylie Memorial Meet will bring 300-500 track and field athletes to the Rotary Bowl. If you’re an athlete, parent or spectator, this is an event not to be missed.
Check back for more upcoming events.
Online registration now availableRegister
“Giving local youth the opportunity to excel”
Oceanside Track & Field
From April to the end of June
2019 Season Schedule
(ages 9-13, born 2006-2010):
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:15-6:45pm at Ballenas High School Track.
Do you want to coach?
Please contact one of the Board members or Jane firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
(For ages 35+)
Don’t leave all the fun to the kids. Find your inner athlete. Run Jump or Throw
Practices Mondays / Wednesdays BSS Track
5:00 – 6:30 pm
(1st practice April 9 , 2019)
Competitive or Non Competitive options
Contact Jane Waite at email@example.com or 250-954-5549
BSS & KSS Track Team:
Contact Robyn Elliott at Ballenas Secondary to join.
Monday / Wednesday 3:30-5pm
Tuesday / Thursday 3:30-5pm
Tuesday / Thursday 3:30-5pm
Tuesday /Thursday 3:30-5pm
HIGH SCHOOL COACHING STAFF:
Throws – Shannon Woolnough
Throws and Jumps – Brian Elliott & Ryne Barton
Sprint and Hurdles – Jesse Witte
*Middle & Long Distance and Race Walk – Kim & Randy Longmuir (see practice days/times below)
PRACTICE TIMES FOR HIGH SCHOOL MID-LONG DISTANCE:
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 3:30-5:00pm at BSS
Saturdays: 10:00-11:30am at BSS
Mid Island Distance is a club that is open to all Grade 8 and older athletes in mid Vancouver Island who love to run cross-country and middle/distance on the track. There is no pace too slow and no expectation that an athlete has to compete. All we ask is for a commitment to come out and be willing to work hard and support all of your teammates. Our goal for the athletes will be to improve their personal bests, feel successful about their running and have fun. Practices are held in Parksville and Nanaimo.
Mid Island Distance is coached by long time NCCP High Performance coaches, Kim and Randy Longmuir and past Dover Bay Secondary outstanding distance runner, Rachel Elliot. If you are interested in finding out more information about Mid Island Distance, we would love to hear from you.
Kim or Randy Longmuir at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-248-8515
JD Island Meets
- Alberni – Bob Dailey Meet: April 27th-28th
- Victoria – Dogwood Invitational: May 11th –May 12th
- Nanaimo – Elwood Wylie Meet/ Summer Games Trials: May 25th -26th
- Duncan – Garriock Meet: June 8th -9th
- Comox – CCCP Solstice Meet June 22nd -23rd
High School Meets
- Mid Island High Schools – Duncan / May (TBD)
- North Island High Schools – Powel River / May 2nd (To be confirmed)
- Victoria High School League – April 3rd – May 1st (5 Wednesdays – confirmed)
- Island High Schools – (TBD)
- BC High Schools – Kelowna BC – May 31 – June 1st
- Special Olympics Regional Qualifying Meet: – (TBD)
- BC Championships Jamboree: – Coquitlam – (TBD)
- BC Summer Games: – (TBD)
- Langley Pacific Invitational – BC Masters Track and Field Championships – Langley – June14-16
- Harry Jerome Track Classic – Burnaby – June 20
- BC Junior Development Championships – South Surrey – July 19-21