Come To Our 2019 AGM!
~ Tuesday March 5th ~
Ballenas Secondary Library
6-7pm registration information
Hope To See You There!
Elwood Wylie Meet
Summer Games Trials
~ May 25th -26th ~
Location: Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Contact name: Bernie Katzberg
Contact email: email@example.com
The Elwood Wylie Memorial Meet will bring 300-500 track and field athletes to the Rotary Bowl. If you’re an athlete, parent or spectator, this is an event not to be missed.
Check back for more upcoming events.
Online registration now availableRegister
“Giving local youth the opportunity to excel”
Oceanside Track & Field
From April to the end of June
2020 Season Schedule
(ages 9-13, born 2007-2011):
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:15-6:45pm at Ballenas High School Track.
Do you want to coach?
Please contact one of the Board members or Jane firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
(For ages 35+)
If you are interested in Masters Track and Field please contact Jane
Competitive or Non Competitive options
Contact Jane Waite at email@example.com or 250-954-5549
BSS & KSS Track Team:
Contact Robyn Elliott at Ballenas Secondary to join.
Monday / Wednesday 3:30-5pm
Tuesday / Thursday 3:30-5pm
Tuesday / Thursday 3:30-5pm
Tuesday /Thursday 3:30-5pm
HIGH SCHOOL COACHING STAFF:
Throws – Shannon Woolnough
Throws and Jumps – Brian Elliott
Sprint and Hurdles – Jesse Witte
*Middle & Long Distance and Race Walk – Kim & Randy Longmuir (see practice days/times below)
PRACTICE TIMES FOR HIGH SCHOOL MID-LONG DISTANCE:
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 3:30-5:00pm at BSS
Saturdays: 10:00-11:30am at BSS
Mid Island Distance is a club that is open to all Grade 8 and older athletes in mid Vancouver Island who love to run cross-country and middle/distance on the track. There is no pace too slow and no expectation that an athlete has to compete. All we ask is for a commitment to come out and be willing to work hard and support all of your teammates. Our goal for the athletes will be to improve their personal bests, feel successful about their running and have fun. Practices are held in Parksville and Nanaimo.
Mid Island Distance is coached by long time NCCP High Performance coaches, Kim and Randy Longmuir and past Dover Bay Secondary outstanding distance runner, Rachel Elliot. If you are interested in finding out more information about Mid Island Distance, we would love to hear from you.
Kim or Randy Longmuir at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-248-8515
Island Series Meets 2020 ( all ages )
- Port Alberni – Bob Dailey Meet: April 25th-26th
- Victoria – Dogwood Invitational: May 9-10th
- CVAC Throws Meet – Duncan – May 16-17th
- Nanaimo – Elwood Wylie Meet/ Summer Games Trials: May 23rd -24th
- Duncan – Garriock Meet: May 30-31st
- Comox – CCCP Solstice Meet June 20 – 21st
High School Meets 2020
- North Island High Schools – Port Alberni April 29-30th
- Lower Island High School T & F Championships – Victoria May 13-14th
- Vancouver Island High School Track and Field Meet – Nanaimo – May 20 – 21st
- BC High School Combined Events Championships – Surrey – May 28-30
- BC High Schools – Langley BC – June 4-6th
- 2020 Junior Olympics – Surrey BC – May 16th
- Langley Pacific Invitational – Langley – June 19-21
- BC JD Pentathalon Championships – Kelowna – June 27
- BC Championships Jamboree – Kamloops – July 10-12
- Canada Francaphone Youth Games – Victoria , BC – July 14-18
- 45th World Masters Championships – July 20th- August 1st
- BC Summer Games: – Maple Ridge – July 23rd -26th
- BC Junior Development Championships – Surrey – August 1st -2nd
- Canadian Legion National Youth Championships, Sydney NS
- BC 55+ Games , Richmond BC – September 15-19th